Southwest KC Minor Hockey Association (SWKC) is a volunteer-run organization, and as such, it depends on the volunteer assistance of its members to function successfully. With assistance from SWKC members, the volunteering hours contributed directly impact how successful the organization will become.
Volunteer Deposit Program:
- Each family is required to complete 10 volunteer credits to fulfill the volunteer commitment.
- Each family is required to provide one undated deposit cheque in the amount of $250 by August 20, 2020. Please make the undated cheque payable to Southwest KC.
- Your volunteer cheque will be cashed if you do not complete 10 volunteer credits to meet your volunteer commitment by the end of the season.
- If you choose not to volunteer, please let the SWKC Volunteer Director know and date your cheque for September 1, 2020.
- In the event that a family does not complete their volunteer commitments, the deposit fee will be processed.
- There are no exemptions to the volunteer requirements.
- There is no maximum number of credits that a family can contribute in a given year.
- There is no roll-over of volunteer credits from year to year.
- Please CLICK HERE to sign up for the following Club Level positions: Executive Board Member, Head Coach, Assistant Coach, and Team Manager.
- Additional Club Level volunteer opportunities will be communicated to members as they become available.
- Team Level positions are coordinated directly with your Team once the season starts
Volunteer opportunities that count for 10 Volunteer Credits:
- Board Member
- Division Director
- Team Head Coach
- Team Manager
Volunteer opportunities that count for 5 Volunteer Credits:
- Team Assistant Coach
- Timbits Winter Jamboree & Timbits Fall Festival
- Minor Hockey week
- Silent Auction Event
- Special Events as communicated from the club
- Other Team Level positions (such as Time Keeper, Score Keeper, Team Treasurer, Team Fundraising Coordinator, Team Parent Liaison, Team Media Parent, and Jersey Parent)
CLICK HERE to view descriptions of our Roles and Responsibilities.
If you have any questions regarding the volunteer program, please contact the Volunteer Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.