Southwest KC Minor Hockey Association (SWKC) is a volunteer-run organization, and as such, it depends on the volunteer assistance of its members to function successfully. With assistance from SWKC members, the volunteering hours contributed directly impact how successful the organization will become.
Volunteer Deposit Program:
- Each family is required to complete 10 volunteer credits to fulfill the volunteer commitment.
- A deposit fee is required per family.
- In the event that a family does not complete their volunteer commitments by March 31st, the deposit fee will be processed.
- There are no exemptions to the volunteer requirements.
- There is no maximum number of credits that a family can contribute in a given year.
- There is no roll-over of volunteer credits from year to year.
Volunteer opportunities that count for 10 Volunteer Credits:
- Board Member
- Division Director
- Team Head Coach
- Team Assistant Coach
- Team Manager
Volunteer opportunities that count for 5 Volunteer Credits:
- Timbits Winter Jamboree & Timbits Fall Festival
- Minor Hockey week
- Silent Auction Event
- Special Events as communicated from the club
- Other Team Level positions (such as Time Keeper, Score Keeper, Team Treasurer, Team Fundraising Coordinator, Team Parent Liaison, Team Media Parent, and Jersey Parent)
If you have any questions regarding the volunteer program, please contact the Volunteer Director at email@example.com.